The Bank of American My New Card promotion is associated with most credit card offers from BOA (many of which include a cash bonus!)
You must have a good to excellent credit score, be 18 years of age or older, and legally live in the United States (legally) to obtain a BOA card.
We are not aware of any Bank of America credit cards for people with bad credit… if there is any comment at the end of this review.
Update 2023: Please visit bofa.com/mynewcard to apply.
If you were lucky enough to receive a BOA card offer, please visit www.bankofamerica.com/mynewcard to sign up. You may also visit BOFA.com/MyNewCard to begin the process. You will need your 15-digit Personal Secure Code and ZIP code to start your secure Bank of America credit card application.
Bank Of America My New Card Activation
- Use the Personal Secure Code to apply for a Bank Of America credit card
- In addition to the Personal Secure Code, the applicant will also have to provide their zip code
The BOA My New Card application will take about 5 minutes, and most applicants should receive a decision instantly. The Personal Secure Code can be found on the Bank Of America promotional material received in the mail. Any questions about the My New Card application process can be directed to 1-800-932-2775.
My New Card Notes
- This credit card program is issued and administered by Bank of America, N.A.
- Applications will be judged on creditworthiness, and BOA pre-qualified customers will have a higher acceptance rate.
- Please read Bank Of America Credit Card Agreements to learn more about rates, fees, and other important information.
Popular BOA Credit Cards?
- BankAmericard Cash Rewards CARD: best for consumers who like cashback
- BOA Travel Rewards: designed for consumers who like to travel
- BankAmericard: good for those who are seeking the lowest available interest rate possible from BOA
The cash rewards card offers “1% cash back on purchases, 2% at grocery stores and 3% on gas for the first $1,500 in the combined grocery store and gas purchases each quarter”. The BOA Travel reward credit card provides 1.5 points for every dollar spent at approved retailers. All of the above mention Bank Of America cards have no annual fee and can be applied for in a matter of minutes (the average applicant will receive a response in 60 seconds, and a live chat service is available).
BOA offers a customer credit card tool to help consumers determine which card might be best for them. Applicants will be asked if they are looking for a credit card based on cash or travel rewards, do they need a card with a low rate OR looking for a credit card to help them in building credit.
BOFA.com My New Card Tips
The secure code associated with the BOFA My New Card promotion can be found within the following locations.
- In the promotional BOA letter.
- You’ll find your Secure Code on your offer letter near the web address.
- Call a Bank of America customer service agent at 1-800-432-1000.
- Example Personal Secure Code (Use printed code on a letter to apply.)
It would be wise to apply for a Bank of America credit card, assuming it comes with a cash bonus. If you card offer does not include a cash bonus… PASS!
How do I pay my Bank of America credit card?
In order to pay your BOA credit card account please call 800.236.6497 or by mail at Consumer card payments (standard delivery), PO Box 15019, Wilmington, DE 19850-5019.
How do I activate my Bank of America card?
Please call the number on your BOA credit card sticker to activate the card or visit www.bankofamerica.com/deposits/debit-card-faqs/.