Dish TCPA Class Action Lawsuit
- Obtain more details about the class action lawsuit against DISH claiming they violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- The case is entitled Thomas Krakauer v. DISH Network LLC, and is under review in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- The class action case actually went to trail (which is rare) in January 2017 and a jury found DISH guilty of violating the TCPA
DISHClassAction.com is administered by KCC Class Action Services. Class members in the case are defined as anyone who received a bothersome telemarketing call from a DISH retailer selling DISH subscriptions (between May 11, 2010 and Aug. 1, 2011) despite their number being on the national Do Not Call Registry. Plaintiff Thomas Krakauer filed this lawsuit back in 2014 after receiving such a call even though he was on the national Do Not Call Registry. Mr. Krakauer claims DISH knew that they were making illegal calls that were violating the TCPA but the calls kept coming anyways.
DISH was represented by the law firms of ORRICK HERRINGTON & SUTCLIFFE LLP, BENESCH FRIEDLANDER COPLAN & ARONOFF LLP, and KILPATRICK TOWNSEND & STOCKTON LLP.
www.DISHClassAction.com Settlement Notes
- Class members are allowed to receive a maximum of $1200 per call (this amount may be reduced based on how many class members file claims and the amount of money the lawyers receive from the settlement pool)
- All claim forms are due not later than 3/7/2018
- Any questions about the lawsuit can be directed to 1-866-650-3711 or KrakauerLitigation@KCCLLC.com or Dish Network Class Action Claims Administration, c/o KCC Class Action Services, P.O. Box 40417, Louisville, KY 40233-4017
Potential class members can use the Telephone Lookup Form to find out if they qualify for a lucrative settlement payout.
Class members in the Dish TCPA Class Action Lawsuit were represented by the law firms of BAILEY & GLASSER LLP, NORRIS LAW FIRM PLLC, BRODERICK LAW PC, and THE LAW OFFICE OF MATTHEW P. MCCUE.