- Provides information in regards to the class action lawsuit entitled “In Re Transpacific Passenger Air Transportation Antitrust Litigation”
- Class members are defined any legal residents in the United States and Asia, Australia, New Zealand, or the Pacific Islands who purchased a flight from the defendants (see list below) between Jan. 1, 2000 and the effective date of the settlement
The lawsuit revolves around claims that customers ended up paying more money than they should have for flights between United States and Asia/Oceania. Proof of flight purchase is not required when filing a claim but CLASS MEMBERS should not the court may ask for proof of purchase at a later date. The total settlement amount is listed as $39.5 million.
The list of airlines associated with the Airline Settlement include:
- Air New Zealand
- All Nippon Airways Company
- American Airlines, Inc.
- Asiana Airlines, Inc.
- British Airways, Plc.
- Cathay Pacific Airways Limited
- China Airlines Limited
- Continental Airlines, Inc.
- Delta Airlines, Inc.
- Deutsche Lufthansa AG
- EV A Airways Corporation
- The International Air Transport Association
- Japan Airlines International Company
- Korean Airlines
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- Malaysian Airline System Berhad
- Northwest Airlines Corporation
- Philippine Airlines
- Qantas Airways Limited
- Scandinavian Airlines System
- Singapore Airlines Limited
- Societe Air France
- Swiss International AG
- Thai Airways International Public Co.
- United Airlines, Inc.
- Vietnam Airlines Company
- Virgin Atlantic Airways
All claims forms can be sent via US mail to: Rust ConsultingP.O. Box 2209 Fairibault, MN 55021-1609. Any questions about the Airline Settlement can be directed to 800-439-1781 or by email to email@example.com. The lawsuit was originally filed in 2009 and the court has spent over 5 grueling years trying to resolve the dispute. A final date has not been set in which members have to send in claim forms BUT the earliest date possible will be Sept. 19, 2015 or later. The Transpacific Airline Antitrust Class Lawsuit is listed as case number 07-CV-5634-CRB, MDL.