- Access LexisNexis police reports 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- Involved parties and commercial account holders can purchase crash reports quickly and easily with LexisNexis Police Reports
- The LexisNexis Police Reports product is not provided by “consumer reporting agencies,” as that term is defined in the Fair Credit Reporting Act
How long it takes a report to upload associated with the Authorize Transaction service will vary by jurisdiction (all reports have to be approved by the officers supervisor before they can be finalized). Once the report has been filed by the agency the report should be available within 24 hours and sometimes within the hour. Authorize Trasnaction consumers and account holders will be able to access reports for up to one year from the filing date while Law Enforcement Agencies can access reports for any date at anytime. When searching for an accident report the user will have to provide the report number, name (First, Last) and the date of the crash. Those who are looking to obtain accident/crash reports on paper will have to make a special request via US Mail. Any and all sale questions should be directed to the Authorize Transaction sales team at 1.888.332.8244 (the sales team is available from 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday). LexisNexis eCrash defines themselves as a “online accident report management solution designed to help simplify the management and distribution of accident reports for law enforcement agencies. For consumers and insurance carriers, it’s a quick and convenient way to access accident reports, eliminating the need to drive to the local police agency, wait in line, and obtain a copy of your report” – ecrash.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2711
Authorize Transaction customer service contacts?
- eCrash Customer Support offers live phone support Monday-Friday: 08:00AM -08:00 PM EST: 866.215.2771
- Email Support at eCrash.Support@LexisNexis.com
- Chat is also available Monday – Friday: 08:00 AM – 07:00 PM EST For Chat click here.