Table of Contents
Velvet Payments AIRBNB
Learn more about the class action lawsuit entitled Preisler-Banoon v. Airbnb Ireland UC, et al., pending in the Quebec Superior Court.
Visit www.velvetpayments.com/airbnb to read more about the case.
Listed as case number 500-06-000884-177.
Class members do not need to hire a lawyer as the court has appointed Joey Zukran from the law firm of LPC AVOCAT INC.
Who should file a claim?
“Individuals residing in Quebec, Canada who – while located in the province between Aug. 22, 2014 and June 26, 2019 – made an Airbnb booking for anywhere in the world but paid a higher price than initially advertised. Bookings made for business travel are not eligible.”
- krogerfeedback: Enter to win a Kroger gift card in this survey sweepstakes
- RegisterYourNinja.com: Registration will only take a few minutes of your time and is well worth it for the warranty information.
VelvetPayments.com/AirBNB Contact Points
- Velvet Payments Class Action Services 5900 Andover Ave. Suite 1 Montreal, Quebec H4T 1H5
How much will class members receive?
Class members will be able to redeem their Airbnb credit which will be worth up to $45 CAD.
Please note a claim form is not available on the settlement website. If you are a group member eligible to receive a Redeemable Credit, you will receive an email outlining how you must submit a claim online in accordance with the claim process.
The defense will be represented by Jean-Francois Forget and Yves Martineau from the law firm of STRIKEMAN ELLIOT LLP.
Class Counsel Contact Info
- Mail: LPC AVOCAT INC. Me Joey Zukran 5800, Cavendish Blvd. Suite 411 Côte St-Luc (Québec) H4W 2T5
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (514) 379-1572
Objection, deadline, and final approval dates
The deadline for exclusion from the settlement is Nov. 15, 2019.
The final approval hearing for the settlement is scheduled for Dec. 3, 2019.
Objections to the settlement can be made at the final approval hearing.