Western Union My Money Wise
- Sign up for the NetSpend prepaid card from WU
- Allows customers to get paid two days faster
The Western Union NetSpend Prepaid MasterCard is issued by the world-class MetaBank who is Member FDIC. The 2 days faster claim is based on quicker access to funds in comparison with typical banking practice of only posting funds after settlement.
WU MoneyWise Fine Print
- Consumers can use the WU card to send or receive a WU money transfer
- There are little to no fees associated with the card
- Users can download the Western Union mobile app to access Anytime Alerts to view transaction history, purchases & track spending
Western Union Corporate Lore
- Money movement and payment firm
- Founded in 1851 as something called the New York and Mississippi Valley Printing Telegraph Company
- Made profits in the early days buying out smaller telegraph companies
- Headquartered at 12500 East Belford Avenue, Englewood, CO 80112
Western Union can be found on the ticker symbol WU and is in the credit services industry. The firm caters to people who are making one time payments to other people or businesses and other organizations. It is estimated that Western Union has 500,000 agent locations in approximately 200 countries and is rivaled by MoneyGram (another large scale money transferring service). Any questions about the firm can be directed to a WU customer service agent at 866-405-5012.