Illinois LCD Settlement
- File a claim in the Illinois v. AU Optronics Corp. by 10/04/2016 in order to receive a settlement payment
- Those who do not file a claim will give up all their rights and will not receive a dime via the Illinois LCD Settlement payout
- Anyone who would like to exclude themselves from the Illinois v. AU Optronics Corp case must do so by 06/04/2016
The Illinois State Attorney General LCD Settlement Lawsuit revolves around claims that certain companies conspired to fix the prices of LCD flat panel devices by raising and maintaining the price of thin-film-transistor liquid-crystal-display (TFT-LCD) flat panels. Due to this price-fixing residents in the state of Illinois paid more than they should have for a LCD device. The five settling defendants deny any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to settlement worth more than 100 million US Dollars to avoid going to trial.
Illinois LCD Settlement Notes
- Class members include any Illinois Resident who purchased a TV, Monitor, Notebook Computer, Cell Phone, MP3 Player, or Other Product Containing a Flat Panel Screen between January 1, 1998 to December 31, 2006
- Settlement amounts will range from $20 to $270 depending on if the class member bought a TV, notebook, monitor, or color-screen cell phone, color-screen MP3 player or color-screen GPS device
- The last day to file a claim is listed as October 4th, 2016
- To request a Illinois LCD Settlement claim form by mail please dial 800-949-0146
Who are the settling defendants in the lawsuit and how much will they pay in damages?
- Chunghwa will pay nearly $670,000
- Epson $4.75 million
- LG will $37.8 million
- Hitachi $10.4 million
- Chi Mei $39 million
- Sharp $12 million
Those class member looking to contact the class administrators by email should reach out to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note when printing a claim form online (or any other Illinois LCD lawsuit documents) the class member will need the Adobe Reader program installed on their computer.