- Pay down a bothersome Discover bill online
- In order to make a payment the card holder must link their bank account
- Card holders are allowed to make two payments per day assuming they are using different bank accounts for each payment
The Discover Payments service is simple to use and users can store up to 8 bank account under one Discover card account. Those who feel like they have added to many bank account to their Discover Payments account can delete an account by clicking on the remove bank account tab from the account home page. Please note if the deleted bank account is associated with a pending payment, the pending payment will also be deleted. Most card holders will want to set up reoccurring online payments so they do not miss a payment and send their credit score into a downward spiral. Customers who would like to cancel the reoccurring online payment option should simply delete the bank account associated with the recurring payment. Those who would rather make a payment over the phone vs the Discover Payments online service can simply dial 1-800-DISCOVER (please note this number is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week). Those who would like to make a payment the old fashion way (i.e. Old People) will want to mail it to: Discover Financial Services P.O. Box 6103 Carol Stream, IL 60197-6103.
Discover Payments Notes
- When making a payment by mail please mail it 10 business days before the due date
- Payments via mail should include a personal check, cashier’s check or money order
- Never ever send cash when making a payment vis US Mail
- Discover will never impose any convenience fees for any of their payment options
Please note the amount of time it takes to process a Discover credit card payment may be affected by weekends and bank holidays. The absolute fastest way to make a payment is to navigate to the customers online account homepage and click on the “Payments” tab and select “Make a Payment”.