Discover Credit Card Pre-Approval
- Consumers can check to see if they qualify for a Discover credit card
- www.Discover.com/CheckNow requires the applicant to provide a variety of financial information (such as annual income)
- Examples include current or reasonably expected salary, wages, bonus pay, tips, commissions, and income from interest, dividends, retirement benefits and rental property
In order to start the check now process the applicant will have to provide their name (first and last), street address (with zip code), and advise if they are a college student (yes or no). The application should take no longer than 5 minutes to complete and by applying the applicant agrees to allow Discover to obtain their credit score report.
Besides the basic name and address information the applicant will be asked to provide personal finance information. Financial information required includes total annual gross income from all sources of income (full time job, part time job, Uber side hustle etc), monthly mortgage payment (or rental payment for those living in an apartment or rental unit), DOB, SSN, and housing status (i.e. own, rent, other).
Please note unlucky applicants who do not have sufficient income may not receive a pre-approved offer, but may be able to meet Discover Bank requirements to open a credit card account if they own qualifying bank accounts, savings, or other assets.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of the US in order to apply
- Discover credit cards can be used anywhere in the US where the Discover logo is present
- These credit cards require a good credit score and a source of income (unless the applicant can show a substantial amount of money in investments such as real estate or stocks)
- Applicants will be asked to select which type of card interests them the most (cash back, travel rewards, balance transfers)
- Discover offers a variety of credit cards for consumers that love to travel or save money (i.e. cash rewards credit cards)
- Disclosures associated with any credit cards from Discover can be requested via mail (please note there is no fee for paper copies of disclosures)
Applicants who are lucky enough to be approved for a Discover card can expect it to arrive via US mail in about 7 business days. Customers will have to activate the card before it can be used to make purchase. Any questions in regards to the Discover check now promotional offer can be directed to a customer service agent at 1-800-DISCOVER (1-800-347-2683).