Chase Quick Pay
- Allows a customer to obtain more information about the Chase QuickPay service and or enroll
- This state of the art payment service allows a user to pay just about anyone at anytime with the recipient’s email address or mobile number (no bothersome check writing process required)
- Chase QuickPay is popular for making common life payments such as paying the babysitter, a gift to a friend or grand-daughter, reimbursing someone for dinner, or paying down a gentleman’s bet
In order to enroll in the Chase QuickPay service the customer will need a Chase online profile which requires an email address and a bank account that is in good standing (i.e. Bank Of America checking account or Wells Fargo savings account). Please note customers who bank with Chase, Bank of America, Capital One, FirstBank, Wells Fargo or other participating banks of clearXchange payments can be accepted online at the bank. When using Chase QuickPay it is important to note that BOTH the sender and receiver need a bank account but only one needs a Chase checking account.
Common talking points in relation to the Chase QuickPay service
- Transfers between Chase checking accounts will typically be available the same business day and not later than next business day after payment is accepted by recipient
- Payments from a Chase account to a non Chase account may take up to 2 business days to process
- Transfers from a non Chase account to a Chase account may take up to 5 business days to process
- Obviously the ideal situation is both the sender and receiver have Chase account in order to receive the money quickly
- Senders (and receivers) will never be allowed to view the other person’s account info
Any questions in regards to the Chase QuickPay payment service can be directed to an award-winning customer service agent at 1-877-242-7372. Those activate duty military or veterans attempting to use Chase QuickPay can call a special number designed for them… 1-877-469-0110.