Capital One Settlement Information
- PRIMARLY used to settle a Capital One 360 account after someone has passed away
- CapitalOne360.com/Settlement is managed by the Capital One Financial Corporation
- Any documents that need to be mailed in regards to closing an account upon death can be mailed to Capital One 360, P.O. Box 360, Wilmington, DE 19899
In order to settle a Capital One 360 account the following must be provided; a copy of the death certificate, Letter of Administration or Letters Testamentary with a court signature dated within the last 2 years, Letter of Direction signed by all of the executors, and a check payable to the estate. Please note the Letter of Administration or Letters Testamentary allows Capital One to work with the person in order to close the account.
- According to the terms of settlement there won’t be an early withdrawal penalty for CDs being settled
- In some circumstances Capital One may also request a date of the Death Letter, past statements and a past 1099
- Capital One home loan accounts require a Death Certificate with a visible seal, a Letter of Administration or Letters Testamentary with a visible seal and the Letter of Direction as mentioned above under state and federal law
- Questions in regards to settling a CapitalOne home loan account can be directed to a customer service agent at 1-866-509-3906
- Joint accounts are easier to close and do not require as much information (normally just the death certificate needs to be submitted)
- If the remaining joint account holder is a minor, we’ll need the minor’s parent or guardian to complete the Minor Account Instruction Form, have it notarized
- Any questions in regards to closing a joint account can be directed to 1-888-464-0727, from 8 a.m.-8 p.m Monday to Friday
Please allow up to 10 business days to receive a check (if entitled) in regards to closing a 360 Savings account, CD or 360 Checking. Any questions in regards to closing an 360 account can be directed to fax 1-866-464-5112 or email@example.com.