AF TCPA Settlement
- Obtain more information about the class action lawsuit entitled Anamaria Chimeno-Buzzi & Lakedrick Reed v. Hollister Co. & Abercrombie & Fitch Co
- The case is numbered 14-cv-23120-MGC and is pending in the United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- All claims associated with the AF TCPA settlement are due by 5.16.16
The Abercrombie & Fitch Co Text Message Lawsuit revolves around claims that Hollister Co. and/or Abercrombie & Fitch Co. sent text messages to customers wireless telephone numbers without prior express written consent which is in violation (according to the class members) of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act. Judge Marcia G. Cooke will reside over the case and a fairness hearing is scheduled for March 30, 2016 at 11:30 a.m. to determine if the proposed settlement is fair and just. The Defendants (i.e. Hollister Co. and/or Abercrombie & Fitch Co.) deny each and every allegation of wrongdoing, liability and damages but have agreed to settle in order to avoid a lengthy court battle.
AF TCPA Settlement Talking Points
- Class members (aka the settlement class) are defined as any legal resident of the US who received a text messages (without given consent) from August 25, 2010 through December 18, 2015
- A $10 million dollar settlement fund has been established but it is unknown how much any one individual class member associated with the Abercrombie & Fitch Co Text Message Lawsuit will receive at this time
- Claims can be filed online or via US Mail
- Hollister Co. and/or Abercrombie & Fitch Co. have hired attorney Meredith Slawe to represent them in court
- Meredith Slawe is part of DRINKER, BIDDLE & REATH, LLP who are based at ONE Logan Square, Suite 2000, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103
If filing a claim by mail please send it to: Chimeno-Buzzi Text Settlement Administrator, PO Box 3656, Portland, OR 97208-3656. Any questions about the AF TCPA Settlement Lawsuit can be directed to 1-877-866-0631. Class members are also allowed to download the claim form and email it to claims@AFTCPAsettlement.com (this may be the easiest option for most people).