ATT Device How To
- Access AT&T device support online
- Search by device’s brand or model
This is a must for people unfamiliar with their AT&T device
The AT&T Device How To service is free to use and is operated by AT&T, Globe logo. The service is especially useful for old people who are not hip with the latest technology and crave information (millennials will most likely find this AT&T help page extremely boring and will immediately exit out of it). Customers can search via most popular brand: Apple, AT&T, HTC, LG, Microsoft, Nokia, Samsung, ZTE or scroll through an alphabetical listing of all brands (i.e. ASUS, Palm, Sharp). User can also search the AT&T device how to service by entering the exact model number or the brand name. Once the customer has selected the brand a list of all available how to’s for that brand will become available. Customers can simply click on the device to access the how to content and print it for later bed time reading. Example of tips provided via the how to service include battery life tips, how to set up voicemail for a phone, what to do in case of a frozen screen, block or unblock calls, and how to set up WiFi connection. The AT&T Device How To service is designed for phone (Galaxy Express Prime 2, Galaxy 4 Note), tablets, and wearables.
More AT&T Device Help Links
Any questions in regards to the AT&T how to customer support page can be directed to a call center agent at 1 (800) 331-0500. Those looking to reach the AT&T corporate office via mail can write to: 208 S. Akard St. Dallas, TX 75202.
DCFS LA CAFE
- Access a LA CAFE customer account online
- Operated byDepartment of Children & Family Services
- Please note the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) is provided by the Louisiana Department of Education’s CAFE LDE
The DCFS LA CAFE service provide online access to state operated social services to include Food Stamps, Family Independence Temporary Assistance Program, Kinship Care Subsidy Program (KCSP), or Child Support Enforcement Services. Users can check the status of an application or check the status of a Child Support Enforcement Application Fee payment. In order to access any of the services offered via the DCFS LA CAFE web page the customer will have to sign in with a username and password (those who are new will have to register with a valid email address). The most popular services provided by LA CAFE is the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) which provides assistance to down on their luck families to help pay for the child care, school, or training in order for them to gain a few steps up the economic ladder (these services are provided by the Louisiana Department of Education). After the customer has created an LA CAFE account they can visit the “My Account” tab in order to apply for benefits, check the status of a payment, or submit a report. A LA CAFE account will also allow the customer to view notifications in regards to certain Benefits/Services, report changes that may affect the customers Benefits/Services or update personal information online (i.e. address, phone number).
LA CAFE Notes
- Only available to legal residents of Louisiana
- CAFE is an acronym that stands for Common Access Front End
- Any questions in regards to the LA 225-342-6700 between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 PM Monday through Friday (the LA CAFE call center is closed for business of Federal Holidays and weekend)
- Users can also reach out to LA CAFE via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
My Case IN
- The Indiana My Case service is set up for people to have a platform for online services that are provided by the Indiana Division of State Court Administration
- Users can search the case by citation number, case number, or cross reference
- The My Case service is free to use
Indiana residents can use the Indiana My Case site to search for online services involving the following courts: criminal and citation, civil family probate, or appellate commercial courts. Any resident who has involvement in one of those Indiana courts can use the My Case system. The advance search option on Indiana My Case lets residents search by either open or closed cases, then lets them search by specific date that a case was closed. Residents can even search by their attorney’s name, their attorney’s bar number, or select the “sounds like” option if they’re not sure exactly how their attorney’s name is spelled. Every effort to have information be accurate is made, but the Indiana My Case site isn’t always updated 100%, and sometimes take a few days to show changes. Please note users can search My Case Indiana for non confidential cases in state courts that use the Odyssey case management system. This new site is intended to replaces the old version (which was previously found at mycase.in.gov). Information displayed on the Indiana My Case web site should not be considered “official record” for court proceedings, primarily because it may contain some errors or omissions. Accuracy of Indiana My Case information is not guaranteed to be right. Records to be used for official court proceedings can only be obtained straight from the court who holds that particular record.
Any questions in regards to the My Case IN service can be directed to a call center agent at 888-692-6841 or those who want to reach out via US Mail can write to: indiana Government Center North, Room 402, 100 North Senate Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46204.
My History Lab
- The My History Lab service from Pearson gives both students and educators access to online tools to help further their education beyond the classroom environment
- Pearson is the biggest online collection of homework products, online testing and assessments, and educational tutorials, with more than 11 million students using Pearson MyLab every year
- When students log in to Pearson My History, they’ll have access to all tests and assessments they’ve taken, as well as the opportunity to review all educational materials they’ve had access to
- The My History Lab service is only designed for cosnumers who have paid for Pearson educational services
- Those who are new to Pearson should start at pearsonmylabandmastering.com
One of the biggest advantages of MyLab is that the system adapts to how individual students are performing, offering up specific guidance to their situation and helping them take in difficult concepts in a way they’ll understand. Pearson Education online also provides services known as Learning Management Systems, which let users access their history from a number of different systems like Moodle, Blackboard, Brightspace, and Canvas. Online educational tools from Pearson help students learn concepts from the classroom in their home environment, and also help students navigate their school day a little easier since they don’t need as many books, workbooks, or other tools with them. Students must have a Pearson MyHistory Lab account to have access to the online tools, regardless of when they enrolled in their class.
How to register for a Pearson MyLab History Account
Before they use Pearson MyHistory for the first time, students will need to set up an account. A valid e-mail address is necessary, along with a valid course ID obtained from the instructor. This will usually be in a format like “lastname1234.” Once that’s set up, students will need to have an access code (this can be found printed in the textbook or online access kit, or purchased instantly online with a PayPal account or credit card).
To contact Pearson assessments
- Call 866-842-7428
- Email email@example.com